Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And 5 weeks later....

I finally join the workforce AGAIN. It's been rough the last few weeks, but brighter days are ahead. It's a great opportunity with a small company in Cary. The owners are the sweetest couple I have ever met. They have a great core value and I am excited that I have a chance to show what I can do.

My knee is still on the mend. I went to see an ortho and he examined and took xray's of my knee. He found nothing, so he scheduled an MRI. I had the scans read last week and turns out I have a small tear in my meniscus. He also discovered arthritis, which is a total bummer.

I originally sought him out because I thought it was psoriatic arthritis, due to my psoriasis. He agrees and scheduled an appt for me to see a rhuematologist. The ortho suggested that I stop running for good. Arthritis in the knee and running don't mix. That broke my heart.

So I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. A heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have another week of "vacation" before I start my new position. Now maybe I can relax. Sleeping in has been the best part of being unemployed.



No comments: