Wednesday, August 12, 2009

It is almost upon us...

less than 2 weeks till my babes start their first day of kindergarten! My MIL took the duo to pick out new backpacks and lunch bags. Supplies have been purchased, yet there was no official list to buy from, hoping they send one soon.

I got a call from the school administrator asking if we would like to keep them together. I spoke to Gary about this, and we agreed that keeping them together for their first year would be beneficial to all of us. Less headache and heartache!

So I guess the official first day they are observed by all the K teachers then they all get together, compare notes and draft their classroom roster. I chuckled a bit at the thought of my kids being "drafted"!

We are leaving for the beach house in a couple of days (we paid before the unfortunate event of me being laid off) The kids are excited, that's all they talk about, going to the beach. Gary has been looking forward to this all summer. He really needs time away from his job.

On the job front:
I had a rather interesting interview last week, but received great feedback form the interviewer, and should here something in a few weeks. Still on the hunt, so if you, my dear friends, see anything, send it my way!

I am enjoying this time with the duo, playing games, hanging out by the pool, and just lounging. It's really gonna suck when I do go back to work.

The knee situation:
I have been running on the treadmill for the past 3 weeks, and feeling my knee getting stronger as I do this. I know I will prolly never run another Half-Marathon or even a Marathon, but if I could run 5-6 miles I would be happy.

I think the walking has been very beneficial to the strengthening of said knee. I am praying it keeps on getting stronger!

1 comment:

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds like improvement on the knee.
I'll keep my fingers crossed on the job.