Monday, February 1, 2010

Bathroom Re-Do Part 2

I messed up the camera setting so the pics are sorta blurry, but you'll get the idea!  I decided to go with the beadboard wallpaper that I read about on Southern Hospitality, she bought her's at The HD, and I found mine at Lowes for $14 a roll.  I only used one of the two I bought and it went up rather easy, I didn't have to mess with it too much other than get the air bubbles out. 

I let that dry overnight, then I cut the chair rail molding, using the area above the sink as my guide.  Once all the pieces were cut and fit nicely into eachother, I glued and nailed them to the walls, made sure the rails were level and then caulked like mad.

My husband is none to happy about the wallpaper, but I think it looks FAB! 

Antique white will go on the wallpaper, and then I will repaint the walls the same color and paint the rails and baseboards with a glossy white paint.

The ceiling is still baffling me.  I have a few ideas, so we shall see!

Before Wallpaper and Molding:



After Wallpaper, before Molding:



After Molding:



I really like the way it turned out.

2 comments:

Lacy said...

Wow, it looks great! I think that's the same chair railing I have in my kitchen.

Al's CL Reviews said...

That looks great. I think we have the same layout.