Sunday, January 24, 2010

My SHELF and my PITA, I mean Pantry!

As I stated here, I wanted to try and make a shelf.  It was a little tricky, but in the end it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be!  I did make one cut to short but I added a scrap on the end and Voila! Done! 

I got the board free from The HD, it was scrap, the paint was $.99, the corbels were $8 and the molding was $5.  I picked up the wrong finish of spraypaint, I noticed this after it dried.  So I need to go and get that glossy finish sometime next week!




I loathe my small pantry.  As I said here, I wanted to add some shelves and re-organize.  Well I did the re-organize part, but the shelves are going to be a problem.  Seems as though Lowes and The HD do not carry anything smaller than 12"D wire shelf.  Mine are 9, but I think we could fit 12's in there, but that means adding another stabalizer bar, removing the existing shelves so that I can slide the existing stabalizer through the new shelve slats. 

Ack what a major PITA this is going to be!  So here are some pics, although I am quite embarassed by the BEFORE:


AFTER:

Once I figure out the shelf situation I will do a follow-up post!

1 comment:

Lacy said...

OMG! I was just telling my husband I wanted to make that same exact shelf but I need a few. Saw it in my Ballard Designs catalog and on another blog. You did a great job!