Monday, August 18, 2008

Georgia on my mind!

The twins and I headed to the great state of Georgia on Friday for a short but sweet visit with my aunt and family. We arrived around 7PM, then hung out and we went to eat a late dinner.

The next day we woke up and lounged till mid afternoon, then we headed to the pool. The twins had a blast playing with their cousins.

We headed home and got ready for a small cook out in our honor! Good food, good people and good times. We ended up around the TV to watch Phelps win his 8th gold medal.

The next morning we woke up semi early and I packed up, then we lounged some more, then we headed on out around 1PM. The twins were exhausted and slept 3 of the 6 hours it took to drive home.

Running:

I tried to get up and run on Saturday, but my son decided to snore the entire night, so I was EXHAUSTED. Definitely on schedule tomorrow. The City of Oaks half is less than 3 months away and I need to get my butt in gear! Oh yeah and I still have these unruly 7lbs to get off from my last vacation.

2 comments:

Viv said...

Vacation pounds suck, all i can say about that. sounds like it was a great lil trip over to GA!

Lesley Looper said...

I'm planning to run the City of Oaks Half too!