Thursday, January 22, 2009

Snow and Exercise

Well I shovelled snow for the first time in my entire life. and it BLEW.BIG.TIME! I feel sorry for Lacy who moved to North Dakota (from Arizona) where they were -35 a few weeks back. I wonder how she deals with all that white stuff? Because I am ready for it to be gone.

The kids have had a ton of fun. Snow ball fights, sledding, snow angels. I am pooped.

So I counted the hour I shovelled snow as my cardio for Tuesday. Then we spent an hour, sledding and what not on Wednesday for another hour.

So today I figured I better get some real cardio time in, and I head out for a run on the ATT. I was amazed that there was still allot of snow on the trail, which added to my workout, because snow, if you didn't know, is hard to run on! I am sure I burned a ton more calories than normal.

And even then, I ran 4.5 miles non-stoop. Surprisingly. and it felt great!

Today's Run:



4.5 mils / 55:10 minutes

LOST



The premiere was freaking awesome, sooo much suspense packed into 2 hours....LOVE.IT! I have come across a few LOST haters lately and all I have to say to them is...Did you see the ratings? That show is AWESOME!



Here are some more pictures of my duo and their snow days:




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: