Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy V-Day to all the BLOGGERS.

I hope everyone has a LOVEly moment today!

I am finally feeling better. I was scared there, and contemplating a trip to the doctor. It was that BAD. I took a few days off of exercising to rest and recupe, for my long run today.

Yesterday I did some strength training. I did upper body and a CORE routine I found in my latest issue of Runners World, called Fast Abs. And if my abs can look like that of Lolo Jones, then I will definitely stick to it.

Today was my scheduled long run. I was very nervous, and I didn't sleep all that well. Alarm clock went of at 6AM and I was out the door by 7AM.

I decided to take it slow, very slow, because there are about a handful of semi-steep hills in my neighborhood (ATT would have been to dark and I wanted to get the run over as early as possible)

The wind was strong, I have no idea what mph it was, but enough that I took it a little slower when the gusts kicked up. I started to feel a little fatigued after mile 4 but that was definitely because I had been so sick the past 3 days. I finished faster than I thought I would, so that made me happy.

Next week I jump to 9 miles according to my training log. Ugh, I am already nervous about it. I wish there was a semi-straight, non-hill area around here, these hills are going to be the death of me.

Today's Run:
8 miles / 103:10 minutes
12:54 pace

No comments: